With fires being as rampant as they are today, it is crucial for all of us to take every measure possible to minimise damage in case of an unforeseen fire breakout. So, what can you do to safeguard life and property on your premises? One would possibly think of investing in fire extinguishers and a fire fighting pump set. While both of these are necessary, the most important thing to first look at would be a good fire panel.
That’s right. A fire panel. This is what will control your fire fighting pump set so that you don’t have to. A fire panel works completely autonomously so no one would need to risk their life to switch on the pump. The only thing you’d need to do is switch off the diesel engine pump once the fire is out.
Vijay Engineering and Machinery Company is a name people have been trusting for decades when it comes to fire safety.
Our firefighting control panel comes with the following features:
- It automatically operates the main and the jockey pump
- It comes with an advanced alarm system that gets triggered automatically
- It automatically starts the diesel engine drive pump in case of power failure. The diesel engine panel also comes with a battery charger.
- A standby pump automatically takes over in case the main pump stops working
- It displays the system’s status, i.e. on, off, or other parameters
How does it work?
The main job of a fire panel is to maintain a constant pressure in the line. Since the entire firefighting system is pressurised, a fall in pressure predetermined by the fire panel allows it to start or stop different pumps. In case of fire, the panel first activates the jockey pump. The pump is activated by a fall in pressure. But if this pressure drop is too high for the jockey pump to handle, the main pump is activated. This is also when the alarm is activated to alert everyone and commence the evacuation process. The standby pump is activated in case the main pump fails.
Hence, VEMC’s fire panel was curated keeping in mind different types of contingencies and is designed to deal with each one. So, when you’re fireproofing your property, be sure to complete your firefighting system with a VEMC fire panel.
VEMC also supplies high-quality fire fighting pump sets. Click here to know more.
- Net Metering and Why You Need It
- Kirloskar’s Eterna CW- A Must-Have for Sewage and Dewatering Processes